I ordered more eggs. Blue orps :)

annrich

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2007
Western NY
Yea so I have an issue.. No an addiction .... I don't know. On day 19 I am afraid the batter will be empty. I have officially gone completely insane. My hubby is going to choke me.

LOL No, your not going insane!! Your having a "learning experience"
smile.png
This is how I'm going to explain it to my DH
ya.gif
We all need to learn atleast 1 thing a day..right
wink.png
woot.gif

LOL ya'll are doing better than me I havent even told my DH that i plan on hatching out any eggs! He will find out tomorrow when the bator arrives LOL! The eggs arrived today and I have been saving my RIR eggs to put in the bator too!

Quote:
Hope this doesn't offend or come off as a silly question. BUT----what do all your ladies do with so many chicks. I keep reading about this constant hatching, incubator addiction.
wink.png
In the end where do all the chicks end up?

Dilly

Quote:
Hope this doesn't offend or come off as a silly question. BUT----what do all your ladies do with so many chicks. I keep reading about this constant hatching, incubator addiction.
wink.png

Dilly

In the new coops I keep making my husband build
smile.png

We have many acres so I hope I do not get bitten by the hatch bug. lol Way too much room for coops.
wink.png

Quote:
wink.png

Dilly

My extra roos go to the auction. A friend wants some new laying hens so some are going to his house and some of the pullets will also go to the poultry auction.....after I decide which ones I'm adding to my flocks.

That's okay, I ordered ameraucana eggs which were delivered today, another dozen ameraucana for next week, plus a dozen cubalaya. I just hatched nearly 40 chicks this week!
lol.png
Oh yeah, then I ordered easter egger eggs which will arrive this weekend!
th.gif

Good thing I have two broodies!
wink.png

Plus... I'm buying another incubator.
cool.png

OK... I am a complete newbie and this site has been so helpful! I am trying hard not to go overboard. I have a homemade incubator - a converted, standard upright freezer - with way too much room for eggs! I am trying to convince hubby that chickens are a great idea, before my blue/splash Orp eggs arrive! And then I hear of people having multiple 'bators running and I don't feel quite so bad! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom