I put blukote on my rooster- New Funny Pictures

Quote:
Its stressful when ur babies are sick /hurt but u getting sick doesn't help
smile.png
. U did good tonight so let us know in the morning how he is.

Quote:
Hes standing, and he walks around and even has made some relativity loud noises. I'm not using pain meds because he doesn't seem so lethargic and in pain. We have him on a diet of peas and mashed potatoes. Sorry the first couple pictures are old. I gave him a shower and that perked him right up. And the toe problems aren't necessarily from fighting, we had turkeys that pulled our chickens toes off
sad.png
Thanks though. I can't quite get off all the dried blood but I did get it off around his nostrils. I don't have pain relief'less neosporin so I'm just gonna get blukote. Thanks everyone for the info!! I'll keep updated to show his progress. Also about his neck worries me because he kept acting lik he was gonna preen but changed his mind but now that I think about it it might have been his neck was swollen and annoying. And ya he just has some minor cuts that bled alot is all

Diet needs more protein, especially of animal origin. If trying to recondition with treats, then also supply some fish, mealworms or even boiled egg all mashed up. Neck flexibility very likely reduced from bruising. It will pass.

Thanks! We have him on a diet of that because he won't eat the chicken food and the potatoes and peas are old. We have a LOT of fish! Is halibut OK? Because we have halibut, rock fish, ling cod and salmon I think. And he will LOVE the egg, maybe it'll be from one of his hens if they ever lay
roll.png
Thanks soo much because who knows when he will eat chicken food again, hes a stubborn chicken. We need to get the crumble chicken food anyway. Thanks very very very very very very much!! Thanks to you and thanks to everyone!!

Quote:
I have had games all my life. When they or any chicken gets dinged up like yours, interest in food declines for a couple of days. Make certain adequate water is available. With fish, try to inlcude skin and entrails as many important vitamins reside there.

this is cochinbrahma on my sister's account.

He has access to water and is drinking. Has ate some bread, peas and mashed potatoes but he stopped eating a while ago. is it okay if we deep fry our fish for the bird or should we boil it?

You need to offer him foods rich in Vitamin K as a treat, Vitamin K helps clot blood and will help with the bleeding. I would also recommend not washing the wound out unless you have to, every time you was the wound you are breaking open the wound again.

Foods rich in Vitamin K
Basil
Sage
Kale
Collards
Spinach

I would also offer a little raw liver along with his regular poultry feed. I wouldn't give him aspirin as aspirin is a blood thinner and by thinning the blood he will bleed more.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom