I quit my job

Redhen, if you lived near me, Id teach you. Some days you enjoy it, some days you say to yourself, what the heck was I thinking? hehehe..............Ive been doing it for almost 30 years and my back proves it. Good groomers are hard to find, thats for sure. I know NY has a grooming school, but if you could find a groomer willing to let you apprentice with them for say, in exchange for bathing or doing some sort of work for them, that may be a possibility. I learned at a vet hospital. Went down hill from there<just kidding> If its your dream, go for it......

Rammy

Here's the latest. I got home today and there was a call from the office manager at the vets hospital I gave my notice at. It had cut off halfway inbetween the message so I didnt get to hear the entire thing so I call her at home. Was basically told not to come back because my boss vet thought it would be too hard for me to work that week now that I was somewhere else. Then she said oh yeah, and so and so said you called her and told her I was going to another place in this part of town. I just said yeah but told her that the hospital would probably get another person in there soon so check back with them later on. So its not that it would be too hard for me to come back, its that they found out I had called a client. Nothing illegal in calling someone. Its their choice to where they go. Anyway, Im not welcome back.

Rammy

That's typical. Hell has no fury like an employer scorned.
big_smile.png

I am in the same boat. I really like my job.

But the people I work for and with are a complete mess. If I could just work and get my pay without coming in contact with with anyone It would be great. But it doens't happen. All my co-workers are lazy and slow, I work twice as hard and get paid the same. Not only that but I am constantly scolded and yelled at for others mistakes and the stupidiest things. One day they tell us one thing, then the next that is wrong and I get in trouble for listening to the instuctions they gave me the day before. The manager and each owner has their own way of doing things. So when Manger is working I do everyone one way. Then if boss is there I do it another. Because there are no set rules. They can't decide between themselves. I work so hard all day, they don't even give a break for a 7 hour shift. (Which is illegal by the way) I will be dripping sweat, and I run everywhere. Then I will look over and see my co-worker sitting on his butt eating ice cream when I am stressing out cause I can't get it all done. They hired a new guy and he is the worst yet. The last week I was there an extra hour everynight closing because I had to do all my work and his as well cause he just walks around or it takes him hours to do a simple job cause he gets distracted. And I am not allowed to leave until everything is done. But if in the craziness I forget one thing you better believe I will get a note and yelled at the next day.

I have been there longer than everyone except the manager and one person. But yet I am the lowest on the pecking order because I am the youngest, and a push over. I really care about others, and do what I can to make their job easy and make them happy.

My schedule is terrible. We have to ask off weeks in advance for the next month. But we might not get our schedule until the day before our shift. I asked off 4 days in all of Aug including my birthday, and they had me work 2 of those days. Which is just out of rudeness because I only work 3 days a week. Of course they pick the 2 days I need off because I had another volunteer job which I had to call and apologize for having to cancel.

It's a mess, and there is so much stress and fighting that is going on. All the workers hate their job and just complain about everything. The boss is not a good leader. The work is hard, and stressful because they refuse to hire more people because they are tight. So sometimes it's just me. Which is way too much for one person. Not to mention it's minimum wage.

It's overall just a bad experience. I'm really starting to hate going to work. When I used to enjoy my job. I don't mind working. But the people are killing it for me.

The problem is I can't quit. I have 150 animals. And am starting college classes on monday.

Can't wait until I get my college degree and can have my own business alone, where no one but myself will make the rules and stress.

There is my work rant. Hope you don't mind that I added it to yours.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom