I Quit!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mississippifarmboy, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

As of today I have been quit smoking for 9 days, Terra has been quit for a week.

Yeah for me [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've been at least a two pack a day smoker for around 32 years, so I think it's a major milestone in my life.

So now I gotta problem. I need a new vice.... I think I'll take up.. ummm.. eattin' lots of sweets?

Anybody got brownies?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    WELL DONE!!!! 8yrs since I quit!!!! [​IMG]...after I quit I got hooked on sun flower seeds!! hahahaha Almost had to back to smoking to get off the seeds! [​IMG]

3. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    [​IMG] Great job! Keep it up! You can do it!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. maxxsmommy

maxxsmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Minnesota
    Yay good for you!!! I am currently a smoker as well and my husband is too... Its so hard to quit lol!! I have found if i eat sunflower seeds i dont smoke as much...

5. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Congratulations! I was a pack-a-day smoker for about 20-ish years and had my last cigarette on March 3, 1998. Within a month, I noticed everything tasted better.

I think that is why people gain weight after they quit smoking. I know that in the first 2 years after I quit, I gained about 40 pounds. Food just tasted SO much better!

MFB, it's not an easy thing to do, and I commend you and your wife on your nonsmokingness!

Wait until you hit that one-year-without-a-cigarette milestone. You will really feel accomplished & I know that when I got to that point, I remember thinking to myself, "I never thought I'd be a year without cigarettes!" Now here we are 13 years and 6 months later, and the only time I REALLY craved a cigarette was when my mother died in 2005. However, I smelled someone else's cigarette & it made me gag so I did not give in.

To this day, the smell of other people's cigarettes and the smell on their clothes makes me gag. It floors me that I used to smell like that.

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:i know. get more chickens. that is a fun vice

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] YAY FOR YOU!! [​IMG]

My dad quit smoking a couple years ago and it made my life.... Of course, then he switched to chewing tobacco. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Keep it up! [​IMG] I'm with Kristy: More chickens!

8. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Congrats! Doing it cold turkey!?

9. bgelber

bgelber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Athens, al
    Good for you. Keep up the good work.

10. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3