I REALIZE THIS IS A POULTRY SITE BUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Now why on earth would I want to send them where I plan on spending eternity. I can hear the whining now...."He shot my Dog"

It would just ruin the ambiance of Hell.

LMAO!!...your allright!...
lau.gif
... okay,well then dont send them there..just send Lucifer to speak with them...
somad.gif
..that 'outta do the trick....
ep.gif

Quote:
It's not illegal to shoot a dog who is chasing or killing your livestock. You might feel differently if a large part of your yearly income depended on those calves.

Last edited:
Quote:
anyone that doesnt protect their animals should be taken for animal cruility,,,,,so sad "your done here" this was a conversation that wasnt getting personal,,, but then theirs people that think if someone doesnt agree with them and has a half decent convo bout it is a bad person,,,,, oh well ,, guess ill talk to the "adult" type people on this thread,, which i thought was ALL of us,,,, sorry you feel that way.

Did I ever say that you are a bad person? No! I have seen your other posts on here, and i think that your a decent person.
smile.png
I have nothing else to say, that was why i said that I was done here. if you have something else to say to me, pm me, and we can talk about it.
wink.png
Everybody has different views, and I respect that, its just not what I believe.

No you didnt say we were bad people, just thats we need to go to JAIL for killing a dog thats attacking our birds.

They are just dogs. They are not my kids and will not be treated as a human on my farm. Yes they do have a purpose here, that is to protect my animals. However if my dogs or someone elses where to go after the livestock be it chicken, pigs, or cows they would be shot. I have livestock to live not to look at. That is just me.

Well after my children and I were viciously attacked by 4 of my neighbors roaming(unvaccinated) dogs --and my fathers beloved cat was killed by two pitbulls...Ihave something to say....

Maybe dogs cant help their instinct to hunt-but, when it comes to hurting/killing pets/domesticated animals and humans their is a fine line--

Ignorance and inconsiderate morals from the animal owners is the root of most of the problems that occur here within this topic.

I have always owned a Dog..but have it vaccinated, and in a fenced lot for its safety as well as others safety....
Yes animals follow instinct--She is a retriever and would hunt birds, etc that she would come in contact with--(IF....... she was allowed to ROAM neglectfully)---but..One can set limits ..if you really are a responsible pet owner, and are considerate for others safety and care.

A fenced in lot makes for a safe dog, good neighbors, and sanity in your community.

AS much as I love animals-my own experiences with roaming , problematic dogs have changed my opinion from just passing off these dangerous dog issues as just a dogs' instinct to a more serious matter at hand....which brings us back to Neglectful Animal Owners.

Last edited:
Quote:
I happen to agree that the problem is by and large irresponsible people. But you have to add in too many dogs being bred and far to many just dumped to roam.

While I agree that we can't change base instincts, it has been my experience that you can train dogs to differentiate between animals that live on the property and those that are fair game if they cross the fence line. Case and point is that I have 4 large dogs here, 3 where rescues, and it because of these dogs my animals stay safe from wandering predators. They have a job here and they know exactly what they are responsible for. Almost any dog can be trained like this IF you have the time, skills and experience to do it.

I will guarantee my dogs do not leave the property without me being with them, because they where trained on boundaries and taught where their territory ends. Many times I have watched them give chase to deer, coyote etc and they stop at the fence line. This and more is my definition of what a good farm dog should be, and personally I wish all dogs where trained to this degree. It would resolve a lot of issues. But that would mean people would have to take responsibility.
roll.png

It is unfortunate when an animal has to pay the price for a stupid owner. But until people smarten up and get the animal overpopulation problem under control, and more people are taken to task for being irresponsible animal owners, SSS is going to remain the only recourse in many situations.

Kurtis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom