I realized something about gray hair this weekend...

Quote:
Apparently I did, too, when very young. Mine went across the back of my head from ear to ear but one rainy day when mom was preoccupied my older, but still a preschooler, brother and I decided to give each other haircuts - with Mom's pinking shears! The damage to my hair was so bad that my dad gave me a buzz cut when he got home. My white streak never grew back. Glad I was too young for vanity
big_smile.png

Quote:
Mine is finally long enough that I pull it back into a ponytail. No one has commented on the 6 months of dark versus the reddish brown of previously dyed hair. I get an inch chopped off every month and I figure by this summer I should be seeing the last of the dyed hair going bye-bye.

I wish mine were lavender
sad.png
I'm jealous!!

Quote:
Apparently I did, too, when very young. Mine went across the back of my head from ear to ear but one rainy day when mom was preoccupied my older, but still a preschooler, brother and I decided to give each other haircuts - with Mom's pinking shears! The damage to my hair was so bad that my dad gave me a buzz cut when he got home. My white streak never grew back. Glad I was too young for vanity
big_smile.png

This made me laugh!! When I was little, I had a blonde streak on one side. It kinda just went away as I grew. It wasn't til much later that I found out my mom was putting peroxide on that part when she was giving me a bath!! Thanks for the memory!!
smile.png

I've been very lazy about coloring mine and it desparately needs it. The other day my 5 yo came into the bathroom and asked me "when are you going to make that part of your hair look pretty and dark like the stuff in the back?" She was pointing at my gray hair. Sigh, guess I'd better get on that! I've had the stuff to do it since October! You'd think I'd just take 30 minutes and git'er done!

There is another advantage to having grey hair. Children and babies always smile at me now. When I had dark hair, they would turn to their mothers when I approached. "Who is that dark-haired stranger?" The other day, a small child pointed at me and said "Grammy". Apparently, his grammy has grey hair too. Hey, I love it!
thumbsup.gif

i have to tell you that very, very short hair is really easy. i used to have shoulder length hair, and one day about 5 years ago i was having a bad hair day. i was stomping around and wishing i had the b***s that demi moore had in "g.i jane" when she shaved her head. i grabbed the dog clippers and went into the front yard and did the deed. yup, all off.
ep.gif
' after my teenage daughter laughed herself sick, and i walked around with a watchcap on in july, and my husband lost his voice from yelling, i decided i really liked it. i grew it out about 1 inch and kept it there for 4 years. i think i only went thru one bottle of shampoo. i did graduate from dog clippers to people clippers. it was great under my motorcycle helmet. when my daughter decided to get married she asked my to grow it out so she wouldnt have to answer questions at her wedding about what kind of cancer i had. her wedding was in last august, and i am still growing it. now it is to the point where i can almost get it in a pony tail and keep it out of my face. it is really amazing how much more gray i got in those 4 years. ya know..... it's hard to have a bad hair day,,,,,,,when you don't have any hair!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom