1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I really could use a few hugs right now----

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lovemychicks9, Jul 11, 2008.

1. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well if you have seen the pics I posted from the chesepeak energy thread you already know what my home looks like now thanks to big business. I found out yesterday that all of my family that moved down here from Michigan 3 years ago with us,have decided and are moving back to Michigan soon. This includes my daughter , husband and 2 granddaughters the I thnk the world of. My mom, brother and sister in law, and kids. Thier kids are in thier 20's and stll live at home. Well they have all decided to go back because they miss it!!! Well so do I , more then anyone knows, but unfortunatly my DH says no way is he going back to the land of ice and snow. So he drives truck and is gone much more then he is home and already I am getting really scared cause I have no other family here, no close friends that I could count on and the last thing I want to do is live here basicly all alone. I hate being alone, scared of it especially now with all the racket and all the guys that are less then 500 feet from my home and do not want to even be here anymore. I cried the day away yesterday over all the trees and my family leaving. husband has NO pity about all of this says he is not a family kind of guy, and I think he thinks that we are somehow going to be rich off all of this. We have not seen more than 1 check in almost 1 1/2 years for the "royalties " for less then one hundred dollars and there is 7 gas wells on this road already and I am sure there will be more before it is done. I am tired of worrying, tired of feeling so alone with no one to talk to about this and I feel like I do not belong here. The Only thing that keeps me here is the 24 chickens out back and not having any way to move them or any where to go. I sometimes feel so hopeless and I feel so friendless and isolated here. It does have to get better right? I keep telling myself that as I sit and hear the 4 bulldozers roaring from 6 am to 6 pm 100 feet from my house, but I am beginning to not believe it .

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    :aww I'm sorry...seems since he's rarely there, he'd respect your wishes to be near family since you will be the one home (alone, I might add) the majority of the time.

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I'm so sorry you're going thru all this!!! Hubby's can be pretty frustrating and insensitive, and I think it's really backwards for him to say he's not a family man and be married. But you also gotta think about the fact that men don't get emotional and try to hide everything, so I wonder what's really going thru his head and why he's staying away from home. Don't lose heart, everything will work out!!! Good luck, and there are always people here u can talk to!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (Hugs, as requested!!)

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh how I wish I was closer so we could sit down over a cup of coffee. I hope you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do or if you want to you can pm me. I know that isolated feeling and it is awful. Please keep us updated, Hang in there!

5. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I don't know what to say to make you feel better, [​IMG] but I'll try. I feel your pain. I'm sending you hugs. It WILL work out ok. If you can't take your chickens with you right away, there should be someone nearby who can keep them for you.

Best wishes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    [​IMG] I hope everything works out for the best for you. :aww

7. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I missed the other thread. I am so sorry about your situation. All that noise, yuk, turn up the stereo super loud with some really good tunes, and talk to BYC members. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I know the isolated feeling you have cause I was there 5 years ago when we moved here. My family is an hour away and it was so hard at first. I am so sorry you are feeling so down and out. I will be praying for you and praying your husband open his eyes, ears and heart and listens to you. I pray it all works out for you. And more [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] cause I know you need them

10. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    :aww I know how it is to be somewhere you don't want to be for a long period of time. All I can say is that I waited it out and now I am as close as I can get to where I wanted to be, for now. I waited a long time, and had to *really* work on my patience level. Fortunately, I have a sensitive, very patient husband who put up with my ranting.

Everyone's situation is different, and if you are really unhappy, and the waiting is not tolerable, you should think of you first. Your "fuzzy butts" will maybe be able to travel with you, but I suspect you could find someone here to help with that. New fuzzy butts will be eager to have you for their caretaker. I am in Wisconsin and would come to your rescue if I could...what you described would not be something I could tolerate. Hang in there, and my prayers are with you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by