I really need a hug.

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
We got 3 female Sebbie buddies for our Prince Peter. At first he was NOT impressed with them and he chased them all over the pen trying to intimidate them. Within 10 minutes though, he was fine and happily following them all over.

Every morning, I go out to let them out of their night shelter. Normally Peter comes running to me for his morning snuggles and he follows me all over the pen with me running and he runs behind me, wings open, making baby noises.

This morning Peter leads his flock out of the shelter. He comes out first, looks around, then he honks and the girls come out one at a time as he greets each one. No morning snuggles for me, no following me. He barely looked at me. Then I realized it. I've lost my baby.

I wanted him to be a goose. I told my husband that he needed to come out of the house and be a goose not kept inside and ever given the opportunity to be what he really was. Now he is and I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I got what I wanted, what Peter needed. I guess I didn't realize how much it was going to hurt. I'm going to miss those goose hugs and kisses. I'm going to miss that wonderful relationship that I had with this sweet boy named Prince Peter.

Laurie

Laurie,

I feel your pain. I had a similar situation after hand raising my first sebbie goose (Tati) and loosing the gander. Just had to get over it.
sad.png
Oddly, this morning I went out, and Tati had gotten out of their fenced area. She boxed herself into a corner, trying to run away from me, so I just squatted down and talked to her. Then she finally tried to get out of her boxed in area by the house, and I grabbed her and remaining squatting held her and cood to her like I did when she was younger. She eventullay settled down. It will be interesting to see how the patriarch reacts to me next time I go out. When I let her down, she went right to the pool as if nothing at all had happened. Just love em. That's all I can say. Where did you get the new 3?

All babies grow up. Feather babies just do it so fast it makes your head spin. I miss laying on the grass and having my ducklings try and hide under my chin from the big, scary world.... :sigh::

Oh Laurie what a sweet but sad story. Your little boy is all grown up now and has eyes only for his ladies. I am sure if he could, he would thank you immensely for the girls that you have brought him, lol. Just think eventually you will have little prince peters running around to spoil just the same.
hugs.gif

Prince Peter has become the king of his domain. I am sorry for your loss, but happy for him finding his place in this world. Long live the king!

Thanks for letting Peter be a gander and not a human.
Think of how happy he is now to be with his own kind.
Now just enjoy watching them be geese.
smile.png

All is not lost...next spring you will have more babies to love on.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom