I really need advice

UPDATE: my chicken woke up with stuff still in her crop I called 2 different s vets one said look for thrush medicine Gatorade apple cider vinegar and massage the crop every two hours keep her warm this is day 3 he start of it he said I have a few days she is looking better not laying still white running poop and wanting to eat just not sure if I should let her her crop is squishy this morning it was harder

UPDATE: my chicken woke up with stuff still in her crop I called 2 different s vets one said look for thrush medicine Gatorade apple cider vinegar and massage the crop every two hours keep her warm this is day 3 he start of it he said I have a few days she is looking better not laying still white running poop and wanting to eat just not sure if I should let her her crop is squishy this morning it was harder
This is good advice.....read the link in the quote below.

I would check the crop early tomorrow to see if it is full and hard, puffy, or if it has emptied overnight. Here is a good thread on how to dtermine a crop problem:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I find it easier to assess and treat a bird if they are isolated in a crate.
I isolate bird in a wire cage within the coop for a day or two....so I can closely monitor their intake of food and water, crop function(checking at night and in morning before providing more feed), and their poops. Feel their abdomen, from below vent to between legs, for squishy or hard swelling. Check for external parasites or any other abnormalities.

Best to put crate right in coop or run so bird is still 'with' the flock.
I like to use a fold-able wire dog crate (24"L x 18"W x 21"H) with smaller mesh(1x2) on bottom of crate under tray.
Then you can put tray underneath crate to better observe droppings without it being stepped in. If smaller mesh is carefully installed, tray can still be used inside crate.

I have her in the garage with a heat lamp but I’ll check the link out I calle the doc and he said nothing about eating do I have her a mush quarter sides piece diluted in the medication and she attacked it she was hungry I’m massaging her I left water with her but no food I don’t want her eating a lot of there is an unstruction

UPDATE: I’ve been mixing pellets medicated water apple cider vinegar and banana paste so there’s not a whole lot to digest just kind goes threw still white soupy poop I massage her crop at the base up and down like a wave motion and making her walk a bit then letting her rest under a heat lamp she is very hungry she fights the seringe with just diluted meds in water the main question is do I let her back in the coop or keep her up every 2 hours by doing what is listed above

UPDATE: I’ve been mixing pellets medicated water apple cider vinegar and banana paste so there’s not a whole lot to digest just kind goes threw still white soupy poop I massage her crop at the base up and down like a wave motion and making her walk a bit then letting her rest under a heat lamp she is very hungry she fights the seringe with just diluted meds in water the main question is do I let her back in the coop or keep her up every 2 hours by doing what is listed above
Take the feed and water away for overnight, see how her crop feels in the morning(it should be empty) and what her over night poops look like(take pics).

Very dangerous to use a syringe, she should eat and drink on her own, and it's pretty easy to drown them. Read this before you do it again:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Take the feed and water away for overnight, see how her crop feels in the morning(it should be empty) and what her over night poops look like(take pics).

Very dangerous to use a syringe, she should eat and drink on her own, and it's pretty easy to drown them. Read this before you do it again:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
The doctor told me to do it I was very careful and made sure I gave her time to breathe I took pics of her poop today and took the food away I have medicated water in there now

Back
Top Bottom