I really need some fast advice on this stuff!

These are the last pictures before lockdown; day 17! Only three more days, and I'm sure it's going to be a very long three days.

With only 2 babies hatching your humidity isn't going to go up much on it's own when they pip so you will likely need to add some unless you are already running 50% or above without adding.

This is probably a dumb question, but what is lockdown? I'm trying to cover everything because my neighbor tried incubating eggs and most of hers hatched without legs. I need to know everything I can so that doesn't happen.
Lockdown is when you raise your humidity on day 18 to 21 to allow the chicks to hatch out and not get stuck in the egg..(which is called shrink wrap). If you go to the incubating thread and read posts you will gather a lot from the questions and answersAnd you dont open it as it could shrink wrap them why its called LOCKDOWN
add water day 18 until your humidity is 60 -75% hld there thru hatch

GOOD LUCK!!!. .
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Lockdown is when you raise your humidity on day 18 to 21 to allow the chicks to hatch out and not get stuck in the egg..(which is called shrink wrap). If you go to the incubating thread and read posts you will gather a lot from the questions and answersAnd you dont open it as it could shrink wrap them why its called LOCKDOWN
add water day 18 until your humidity is 60 -75% hld there thru hatch

GOOD LUCK!!!. .
jumpy.gif
You also stop turning the eggs during lockdown. If you have an automatic turner, turn it off & remove the eggs from it. Lay eggs on their sides or pointy end down in catrons with the bottom cut out.

Back
Top Bottom