I really need some fast advice on this stuff!

I've been keeping a calendar for the days exactly.
smile.png
I put the eggs in the incubator Thursday November 22, Thanksgiving Day, at about noon. Even if the egg doesn't make it, I still have, at least for now, the one that did hatch. It's walking around and won't stop cheeping while everyone is trying to sleep, but I'm still very proud of it.
big_smile.png
It's a very tiny little bird.

I've been keeping a calendar for the days exactly.
smile.png
I put the eggs in the incubator Thursday November 22, Thanksgiving Day, at about noon. Even if the egg doesn't make it, I still have, at least for now, the one that did hatch. It's walking around and won't stop cheeping while everyone is trying to sleep, but I'm still very proud of it.
big_smile.png
It's a very tiny little bird.

Throw some marbles or somethin' in your water, or replace it w/ a coffee cup upside down on a saucer, so your chick can't get the chance to drown (and put that cat ... anywhere else ~'-)

This is the 22nd day in the incubator.

Sorry for yellin' so loud, but wanna make sure folks notice that your other egg is a day overdue right now ... for certain? I'd carefully tear back a small area of the membrane so that air can enter.

You've got yourself one cute lil' chick there, Little Miss ... congratulations to you, and your 1st chick!

I'm not entirely sure you got pure Silkies either. I only see 4 toes on this 1. They are supposed to have 5.

To help with the cheeping, give it a feather duster or very fluffy stuffed animal to cuddle under. It will think of it as Momma & be much more quiet.

Last edited:
Throw some marbles or somethin' in your water, or replace it w/ a coffee cup upside down on a saucer, so your chick can't get the chance to drown (and put that cat ... anywhere else ~'-)

This is the 22nd day in the incubator.

Sorry for yellin' so loud, but wanna make sure folks notice that your other egg is a day overdue right now ... for certain? I'd carefully tear back a small area of the membrane so that air can enter.

You've got yourself one cute lil' chick there, Little Miss ... congratulations to you, and your 1st chick!
Im pretty sure If she put the eggs in the incubator on thurs Nov 22 then day one is on fri Nov 23 which would put today at hatch day DAY 21.

Last edited:
She has five toes, they're just blocked by her body. :) I put her back in the incubator just for the night and she went to sleep and she doesn't peep to awfully much when I hold her. Is it normal for her to peck her feet so bad? When I went to sleep I knew she was pecking her feet like they had thorns in them or something, but I didn't think too much of it. She hasn't been outside and there was only a few pieces of hay and a carpet bottom in the terrarium she was in. I woke up and her feet are bleeding from where she's pecked them. What can I do?

She is likely pecking due to boredom. Rinse her feet with a diluted solution of alcohol or peroxide in water & apply Neosporine (without the pain killer). You may need to add some feed or hay to the bottom of the brooder to keep her from pecking herself. She is pecking the only thing she sees to peck. If she continues the pecking, wrap her legs & feet loosely in vetwrap or the elastic self-stick sports tape for a couple days to allow them to heal.

celebrate.gif
clap.gif
yea! next time it will be easier, I am sure.
I candled my eggs and I can't tell much of anything one way or another so I will just keep on until something either hatches or explodes.

I am glad you posted this thread and I am glad you got at least one hatch.
big_smile.png

Im pretty sure If she put the eggs in the incubator on thurs Nov 22 then day one is on fri Nov 23 which would put today at hatch day DAY 21.

Not sure how they count the days ... starting from the moment they're placed inside, or after some period of time w/in which the eggs reach the proper temperature? But, if from the moment she set the eggs:

Starting on NOV 22 @ noon makes NOV 23 @ noon the first full day in incubator (Day 01 of incubation), which would make DEC 14 @ noon a full 22 days w/in the incubator ... in order to be certain? I counted w/ my mouse ~'-)

Not sure how they count the days ... starting from the moment they're placed inside, or after some period of time w/in which the eggs reach the proper temperature? But, if from the moment she set the eggs:

Starting on NOV 22 @ noon makes NOV 23 @ noon the first full day in incubator (Day 01 of incubation), which would make DEC 14 @ noon a full 22 days w/in the incubator ... in order to be certain? I counted w/ my mouse ~'-)
Sorry I think your right I didnt do my math good when I woke up this am. I Apologize.

Back
Top Bottom