I really need to know what this is(FOUND OUT WHAT IT IS)

I'm thinking rat. A weasel will go after grown birds. If the concrete is weak underneath (not that thick) a rat would have no problem tunneling through from below. Sorry about yoru losses.

Wow! Seems that something that can dig like that would have to be a groundhog. I did not know that they would harm poultry tho. I would trap it. Alternative is to poison a chicken carcass and leave that by the hole for it to eat.

Interesting that it only wants smaller birds. Weasels are that way and are known to be bloodsuckers. And I never realized that possums can be so bad. I knew they raid for eggs and sometimes chicks, but did not know they could dig that well. Lots of preds can dig under an obstruction, but how many can tunnel so well??????
sad.png

juliewitt.I did buy a camera for the barn. My hubby hooked it up. It turns out there is 2 many items in the way of its path. So it was only good half way to the barn. WHich was only 50 feet. I need 100feet. The darn thing. Like i said we tried everything including this. The only thing left is to stay out there hiding and being very quite to see exactly what it is. And that is this weekend. Wish me luck.
smile.png

well my hubby did it again. He work out some how for the camera to work in the barn. I have 52 inch tv. That has picture in picture. So tonight when it gets dark. I can watch tv on one side and still keep an eye on the barn at the same time. But i hope it isnt to dark that i cant see anything. It does have night vision ...But i am septical on that. If i have to i will turn a small light on. Hopfully it will still come out with some light on. Wish me luck.

If it IS a rat, betcha it won't be just one! There is a method for laying a 2 x 4 over a barrel half full of water and floating corn on the water...they jump in after the corn, and die.

I am glad your hubby figured a way to get the camera closer. It will be interesting to see what is digging in. It will work in the dark.....I have complete confidence! I can't wait to hear what you have! Good Luck!

well it took 2 nights watching on the camera. WE finally found out what it was. It was rats. But it turns out there is 3 of them.
somad.gif
:mad: Today i am making a trip into town and getting clue traps. They are not going in the live traps.

Back
Top Bottom