I really need your help chick ID experts!

MamaPoult

Near the clouds⛅
Jan 20, 2024
The Woods AK
Alright guys I need your expertise. I was told what breed these guys are but I am second guessing it. I am not sure the breeder sold us what they said they would. I will not tell you yet in an effort not to sway your opinion. But I will give you two hints,
1. They are *supposedly* pure bred.
2. They are *supposedly* a heritage breed.

All are in questian. Some randomly have red combs some have black some have both. Some have all black face and legs, some have copper on them🤷‍♀️. What the heck is going on???
I know @JedJackson is really good at this!😁

Feel free to weigh in and thanks for any comments!!!

One more thing, in the pictures they are all crammed in that tiny area because there are goodies in there not because that is all the room they get😁

Oh and in the last pic whats up with that guys toes???
20240525_095307.jpg
20240525_095329.jpg
20240525_100136.jpg
20240525_095659.jpg
20240525_095644.jpg

The blacks ones: black Jersey giants?? (Not only are they huge but they match the Jersey giant coloring.)
As for the white ones I have no idea.....
That guy's toe(s) might be broken (??)

The blacks ones: black Jersey giants?? (Not only are they huge but they match the Jersey giant coloring.)
As for the white ones I have no idea.....
That guy's toe(s) might be broken (??)
Alright yes they are! But they are not huge🤔. They are 1.5 months and seem to be small! Honestly those things are the size of my australorps were at this age! The white ones are supposedly white Jersey giants. What's up with the copper markings and black combs you think? I really appreciate your reply thank you☺️

Alright yes they are! But they are not huge🤔. They are 1.5 months and seem to be small! Honestly those things are the size of my australorps were at this age! The white ones are supposedly white Jersey giants. What's up with the copper markings and black combs you think? I really appreciate your reply thank you☺️
I had a Jersey giant and Australorp in the same batch, they were the exact same age. They were the same size until much later, when my Jersey Giant seemed to have a growth spurt. Not sure if that is normal, but I wouldn’t worry about them being the same size. Unless my case was unusual.

I had a Jersey giant and Australorp in the same batch, they were the exact same age. They were the same size until much later, when my Jersey Giant seemed to have a growth spurt. Not sure if that is normal, but I wouldn’t worry about them being the same size. Unless my case was unusual.
My Jersey Giant is white, and she looked EXACTLY like yours does now.

The only pictures I could find of my Jersey Giant at a younger age
DSC_0087.jpeg
DSC_2073.jpeg
DSC_1636.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a jersey giant with a comb kinda like that. I got her from tractor supppy and can’t help but wonder if she’s actually an Australorp? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 26CD48D8-88E1-44DE-BADF-928A6F10111B.jpeg
    26CD48D8-88E1-44DE-BADF-928A6F10111B.jpeg
    530.7 KB · Views: 4
Ok they makes me feel a lot better!
My Jersey Giant is white, and she looked EXACTLY like yours does now
Oh sweet!
I have a jersey giant with a comb kinda like that. I got her from tractor supppy and can’t help but wonder if she’s actually an Australorp? 🤷🏻‍♀️
They do look similiar, she is really pretty🥰

Back
Top Bottom