I SAID HELP!:) what breed is this guy?

he looks just like my silver phoenix!!! i would keep him and get him a hen!
wink.png

No we did not.. To tell you the truth I didn't even think about that. We have five acres and we just noticed him working the perimeter for about a week and then slowly move up to where the flock hangs out. I didn't mind and he seemed to play well with the others which was my main concern but now that you bring this up.... MY BAD.

As far as crossing him, I guess were just interested to see what he produces. If this is not a good idea than by all means speak up!!!

The SL Wyandottes we crossed with the JG roo came out with 4 hens that have the Silver Laced coloring around the head, neck, breast and back with the tail going to the dark black with green sheen. They really look neat and they are twice the size of our other hens. The eggs are coming out large brown with dark chocolate speckles. We kept 2 and the others we have in the freezer. I will post some pics if you are interested in seeing them.

Can you tell me if it would be ok to breed these hens back to the JG roo for more or is this not a good practice?

Last edited:
Quote:
I would be more than happy to take him off your hands. I have a silver and a golden phoenix who would love a beautiful roo like him
big_smile.png

Quote:
I would be more than happy to take him off your hands. I have a silver and a golden phoenix who would love a beautiful roo like him
big_smile.png

I think we will keep him unless some little kid comes looking for their 4H project:eek:

We live near Salem, Oregon. If there is anyone around there that has Phoenix hens I would be interested in getting 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Phoenix standered size male is around 5 pounds. Thier combs are single with 5 well defined points. Roos wattles are about med size, and the earlobes r white. Thier shanks and toes are light to dark blue, & thier eyes r a reddish bay. Your roo is defiantly a Silver Duckwing Phoenix. He has the exactly the The Satndered SDP color, I also have 1 and they r exactly the same color and markings.

Back
Top Bottom