I said I wouldnt....then I did

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I built another coop! This makes me up to 3 coops. It is a grow out coop/eventual breeding coop (maybe), it is 8 x 4 and the run is 8 x 8. The roosts are only temporary, they will eventually will be replaced.

Chicks-10-20-07011.jpg

Chicks-10-20-07012.jpg

Chicks-10-20-07013.jpg

Corey......HA HA!! 3 Coops! YOU my friend....are in the Addiction club! We have....RIR Coop, BO coop, Frizzle coop, Polish/Faverole coop, Turkey coop, and the new coop with 4 seperate pens inside and out. Plus the 2 coops for rescues! Welcome to the club!!

Well, I don't have pics yet but if you keep building, you'll eventually catch up with me.

I have 7 different pens, 2 tractors, and will be building 4 more pens so the following breeds/colors can be housed separately:

OEGB (2 different colors)
Cochin bantams (2 different colors)
Wyandott bantam and mixed hen
Red Stars
Jersey Giants
Polish
Barred Rock
Japanese
Sebrights

I have 3 Golden Buff girls, 4 weeks old now that will eventually go in with the Red Stars

Next spring I want to get at least 1 girl GLW, SS Hamburg,
Buttercup, and Golden Campine.
I'll expand my "Hen Pen" to accomodate.

I also want to get some Mille Fleur d'Uccles and white silkies.

Right now I have a 12' X 16' covered shelter that will eventually become 2 8X12 pens.

KEEP BUILDING -- you have a long way to go to catch up!!

You know, I sometimes wonder if I want pets that require building and creating things, mostly out of wood, sheds, coops, fences, barns, fences, fences . I feel kinda lost till I think up a new building project.

Don't feel bad. If I wasn't planning on getting goats in the spring I would be getting more chickens and building another coop too. Instead I have to figure out goat housing.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom