I saved my little runt chick!!!!

Shannoniganshens

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
West TX
She's hitting her second week, smallest of my hatch of 30, so I go to feed and water and there she is, I thought she was already dead. I pick her up and she's breathing and barely peeping. Her body is stiff and cold, I put her in my shirt and took her to the bathroom, where I ran the blow dryer on her for 30 minutes. I have to admit, it was amazing to watch her come back to life. I know she wasn't dead but she was almost there. She went from stiff to kicking, barely chirping to full blown complaining about the dryer, then to flapping to get out of my hands !!!!! I kept her in a small box with a towel wrapped around her and 2 hours later put her in with her flock and she's been doing great since, she is actually more active than she's ever been. I'm going to keep her.
smile.png
I just wanted to share this experience, I don't know what could of gone wrong, obvious she got cold, how I don't know, I have two brooder lamps in 2 corners and brooder (pantry) has stayed at a temp of 95-93. I'm just happy she pulled threw and I was able to help her.

Back
Top Bottom