I set Eggs This Evening~ Anyone else? (10-20-11)

The Critter Place

Songster
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
Tucson, Az.
Hi,
We just set eggs tonight and are so excited! I have 30 serama eggs and 16 silkies!
Has anyone else set eggs tonight or are going to? If so please join this thread!
smile.png

We just got done hatching some quail and one chicken. And are just loving all the little fuzzies.
Can't wait to see how this batch goes. They are shipped eggs, but were packed well and sent with care!

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi There!
It's your eggs I set!
lol.png
So you set some too! How cool! All your babies will hatch together, with a few miles inbetween them. lol..

Did you set the quail eggs with the chicken? We were planning on setting some of our own quail eggs to, but were going to wait a few days due to the hatch time diff. I figured I'd give the chicken eggs 3 day head start.

It will be the first of our quail eggs we are setting. And there's just barely enough room in the bator for them. Talk about full house.
lol.png

I hope your quail eggs do good for you! We have Jumbo brown Coturnix at the moment.

I candled my eggs on night 5 and have 7 silkies that are showing good so far! I'm so excited! My son thought it was pretty cool too!
We tried to get a picture , but it did not turn out!
th.gif
Any pointers on taking pics? All it showed was an orange ball. lol...
Simple point and shoot kodak camera.

We also have 14 Serama's showing good.

My son just loves the silkies and every time he see's a pic on BYC he says "We need some of those"! So I just grin... He has'nt put 2 and 2 together yet as to the eggs in the bator being Silkies.
gig.gif

I tired to candle the quai eggs, but they are just about impossible. Need a better light.

How are you doing Deb?

Last edited:
Here is what I use to candle. It is a shop lamp with a 65 watt halogen bulb. I lined the inside of the cardboard with foil.

IMG_3079.jpg

Checking eggs for cracks. I have had eggs with hairline cracks before and the only way I saw them was by candling them.
IMG_3082.jpg

Video of an egg at day 10. Click on the image for the video. I have a Canon PowerShot camera.

Back
Top Bottom