I should know this......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by A1momof3, Mar 18, 2015.

1. A1momof3

A1momof3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Quitman, Texas
    All eggs have hatched but a couple of the chicks are still wet but I want to take them out and put them in the brooder. The incubator is so yucky now and they are trying to drink the condensation\. Is It ok to take them out now..... I mean they don't need the humidity any more right??

2. Pokerface

Pokerface Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2014
    Atoka, Ok
    I'd give them an hour or so to allow them to dry some unless your brooder is already at temp. If you move them wet, try to dry them some.

3. PirocaKeeper

PirocaKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2014
    Western Massachussetts
    Hard decision. Usually I wait until they are half way dried at the earliest and I make sure the brooder is already at around 100 degrees. It is really hard for them to hold heat, especially if they are wet. If there are many of them, the wet ones will huddle around the drier ones, but if there is only a few, I would wait a little longer for them to dry up a little more.

4. A1momof3

Feb 24, 2014
    Quitman, Texas
    Thanks, they have been in there for about 2 hours and I felt like it would be ok but wanted to check.... better than trying to drink anything inside that incubator. [​IMG]

5. A1momof3

Feb 24, 2014
    Quitman, Texas
    yes the brooder was ready and 100 under the light. They are doing very well... drying out and are very loud. My son said they have imprinted on me because when I go over there and put my hand in there they will climb up in my hand lay down, get quite and sleep. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by