I shouldn't have looked...

Pics
LOL! That’s meee, tooooo! They get me every time!
We just received 24 standard size chicks!
Last fall, I advertised some free roosters. Three folks wanted one, so as a thank you I culled some of my least favorite hens and gave them away to help the rooster takers boost or begin their flock.
Last week a neighbor said she’s ready for chickens when they get their hen house built.
I do sell some layers, but this recent addition of 18 is to add some darker colors into the egg carton.
Good Luck this fall when they come back into the stores!
:)
View attachment 2706491

I would LOVE to buy some of these but I already have too many chickens and 4 broody hens who are sitting.

Post in your Arkansas thread that you will have chicks to re-home. You can decide which ones later :)
I am here in Vermont and needed a happy fix so I lets one of my broody bantams hatch her eggs. Turns out both my bantams wanted to hatch. Now I have 4 new chicks and two mamas tending to them, and laying on 2 more of their eggs still 🤷oh well..you do what you gotta do.🙄😂🐔

No wonder they sell out daily
:eek:

Attachments

• 041CF498-E87F-4E94-BDEC-D4C47D5CC259.jpeg
    041CF498-E87F-4E94-BDEC-D4C47D5CC259.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 11
I went into TSC this morning to pick up some horse food. I noticed that TSC went back to the trough brooders so I walked over to peek. I shouldn't have looked! 😂

View attachment 2706491

I would LOVE to buy some of these but I already have too many chickens and 4 broody hens who are sitting. It's killing me!
Right there with you! I went into my local Farm Supply a while back to get chicken feed. It was a Monday, so I thought I was safe (chicks usually come in Friday morning and are gone by Saturday afternoon). Anyhoo, there were babies in the brooder so I just HAD to go look. One little bean tilted her head and peered up at me, eyelid half closed. I threw my arms up in front of my face and backed away as I hissed, “Noooo! Do not look at meeeee!” like a vampire avoiding sunlight :lau . I managed to get out of there with JUST the chicken feed.

Yes... You guys are bad enablers.... 😂 I didn't buy any but I spent a good portion of the homily during church thinking about the best way to reduce my flock count so I could justify buying them.... 😂

And whoever suggested getting some for the broodies, well.... That's brilliant and evil at the same time! 😂 If I did that, no one would probably notice I even added them. And yes, they did look very young.... I could totally do it.

Arkansas law requires a minimum purchase of 6 chicks. I can't take 6. Anyone here in Arkansas that might want 3? 😉
What city in Arkansas are you near? I'm in Russellville. We have lots of chicks so 3 more wouldn't be noticeable until they start to lay, if they're cockerels, well, some of our other pullets wouldn't care.

Back
Top Bottom