I spoiled my gecko today...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...with a new tank set up! I had been wanting one of these for a while and today I decided to treat myself (and my gecko!) to a brand new upright tank. Originally I bought it so I could add a heat lamp since my house is cold during the winter, but I didn't realize I needed a lamp stand, so I have to pick that up tomorrow.

I got the tank on sale for a very good price! It is about the same size as his other, but it is taller. It came with a new dish, three plants, and a vine thing. So far, he seems to like it! I'm sure he'll like it even more once I add the heat lights. The man at the pet store recommended an infared night time light, and a basking light for the day time. I'll just have to monitor the temp with the thermometers I bought!

Here's a picture of the new set up. I will try to get better pictures soon!

[​IMG]

2. mz.candiz

mz.candiz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2011
    Edmonton
    That looks awesome! It must be so fun watching him exploring it for the first time [​IMG]

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    I'm about to fix my leopard gecko tanks. They already have decor but I'm finally getting rid of the sand and putting peel/stick tile in. I know they'll be much happier and I bet your scaley baby was too [​IMG]

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Crested gecko? Or some other arboreal gecko?

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, it's a crested gecko. I think it's a girl and she's about two years old now. She was my college companion and now has a more "permanent" home!

I don't usually use any heat source for her. The room temp at school was about 70*. At home, the parents like to keep the temp at around 60* and its just too cold for her. She hasn't been eating as much lately, so I can't wait to set up the heat lamp for her! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to pick up the stand.

Here's a picture of the inhabitant! She's larger and has gotten a little "chub" to her since this photo! Once she calms down in her new enclosure, I want to try and get more pictures!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by