I spoiled my gecko today...

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
...with a new tank set up! I had been wanting one of these for a while and today I decided to treat myself (and my gecko!) to a brand new upright tank. Originally I bought it so I could add a heat lamp since my house is cold during the winter, but I didn't realize I needed a lamp stand, so I have to pick that up tomorrow.

I got the tank on sale for a very good price! It is about the same size as his other, but it is taller. It came with a new dish, three plants, and a vine thing. So far, he seems to like it! I'm sure he'll like it even more once I add the heat lights. The man at the pet store recommended an infared night time light, and a basking light for the day time. I'll just have to monitor the temp with the thermometers I bought!

Here's a picture of the new set up. I will try to get better pictures soon!

401075_10150423418643085_713083084_8636689_1361356199_n.jpg

I'm about to fix my leopard gecko tanks. They already have decor but I'm finally getting rid of the sand and putting peel/stick tile in. I know they'll be much happier and I bet your scaley baby was too
love.gif

Yeah, it's a crested gecko. I think it's a girl and she's about two years old now. She was my college companion and now has a more "permanent" home!

I don't usually use any heat source for her. The room temp at school was about 70*. At home, the parents like to keep the temp at around 60* and its just too cold for her. She hasn't been eating as much lately, so I can't wait to set up the heat lamp for her! Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to pick up the stand.

Here's a picture of the inhabitant! She's larger and has gotten a little "chub" to her since this photo! Once she calms down in her new enclosure, I want to try and get more pictures!

207414_10150142817868085_713083084_6746255_403278_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom