I spy TWO roosters in my brooder . . .

:) I am trying to get into gardening because I know it is a way to go are far as feeding oneself. The roadblock for me is that we are carnivores.
You could think about what you do eat, that you might be able to grow, and start there.
That would be a way to make a garden useful to you, even if it doesn't match what anyone else might grow in their garden.

As an example, garlic and basil are both fairly easy to grow, even if we usually think of them as seasonings rather than vegetables.

Last edited:
, even if we eat a cucumber salad and tomatoes every day until they are gone, lol.
Tell me please how you make your cuke and tomato salad, please. Do you use dressing at all or no due to sugar 🤷🏾?

I basically stay away from cooking if I can. Especially with the heat and humidity here. Oh and one thing I liked about eating a carnivore diet was no worries about carbs. 🙌🏾 I really need to jump back on that bandwagon fast

Tell me please how you make your cuke and tomato salad, please. Do you use dressing at all or no due to sugar 🤷🏾?

I basically stay away from cooking if I can. Especially with the heat and humidity here. Oh and one thing I liked about eating a carnivore diet was no worries about carbs. 🙌🏾 I really need to jump back on that bandwagon fast
I chop up cucumbers & cherry tomatoes (those just in half), and add a dressing made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a small spoon of sour cream & a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, plus salt, pepper & Italian seasoning blend. DH likes it with shaved red onion and shredded parmesan. I will sometimes add mozzarella & fresh basil. You can tweak it to what you like! Crumbled real bacon is the next add-in I want to try!

I haven’t found a salad dressing without added sweetener, so now I make a bunch of different ones with olive oil, a variety of types of vinegars (white balsamic is a new favorite and very mild!) and combos of mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, & cheeses plus dry spices. It only takes about 2 minutes to mix everything up. 😊

For those of you who don't use sugar, but want something sweet, I'd suggest Lakanto monk fruit. It comes in regular, golden brown, and powdered form. No bad aftertaste. It makes a diabetic or keto diet easier, especially in the beginning.

I chop up cucumbers & cherry tomatoes (those just in half), and add a dressing made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a small spoon of sour cream & a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, plus salt, pepper & Italian seasoning blend. DH likes it with shaved red onion and shredded parmesan. I will sometimes add mozzarella & fresh basil. You can tweak it to what you like! Crumbled real bacon is the next add-in I want to try!

I haven’t found a salad dressing without added sweetener, so now I make a bunch of different ones with olive oil, a variety of types of vinegars (white balsamic is a new favorite and very mild!) and combos of mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, sour cream, plain greek yogurt, & cheeses plus dry spices. It only takes about 2 minutes to mix everything up. 😊
This reads scrumptious. I will try it. Oh and real bacon on anything is excellent. 👏🏾👏🏾

Back
Top Bottom