I spy TWO roosters in my brooder . . .

LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY:

"Are you wanting us to send a reshipment out? I could reship the 5 Brahmas you are missing along with 5 other birds."

How kind of them!!! Wow. I wrote back that five brahma would be nice; 🥰but no need to send an additional extra five birds. I am floored at their offer.
They may prefer to ship 10 birds instead of 5, so there are enough chicks to keep each other warm while they are being shipped. 5 more chicks are probably cheaper for the hatchery than buying a heat pack, and work better too.

They may prefer to ship 10 birds instead of 5, so there are enough chicks to keep each other warm while they are being shipped.
Received another email that stated 👆 So I wrote back, thanked her profusely for working with me and requested turken. Being Friday perhaps she will respond with final arrangements on Monday.

Now, I need another coop FOR REAL!! Or, I would love to split the brahma and turken with someone. Wish I knew someone local interested; alas, I do not.

Received another email that stated 👆 So I wrote back, thanked her profusely for working with me and requested turken. Being Friday perhaps she will respond with final arrangements on Monday.

Now, I need another coop FOR REAL!! Or, I would love to split the brahma and turken with someone. Wish I knew someone local interested; alas, I do not.
Please be my neighbor! Turken is on my list for next year, & my light Brahma would love a friend! (How far is it to upstate NY? Can’t be that far of a drive…) lol

Would totally split that with you…

Please be my neighbor! Turken is on my list for next year, & my light Brahma would love a friend! (How far is it to upstate NY? Can’t be that far of a drive…) lol

That would be too cool if y'all could do a split. I hope it's not a far drive for you.

Yesss IKR!! Would be lovely and no charge either. Only about 827 miles. :lau I just checked :jumpy Roadtrip!!!!

I have always had a "thing" about upstate NY. As a child it was due to the tv show with roller skating Tootie who attended a private school in Poughkeepsie with her friends Blair, Jo and Natalie. The Facts of Life!!!!

Now as a big girl it is about Walkill and Patterson (which I have visited) and Warwick and Ramapo which I have yet to see! Now add your town to drop off beautiful chickens. :love

Last edited:
Those should certainly be easy to tell apart from the Dark Brahmas :lau

Turkens with bare necks, clean feet, and single combs vs. Dark Brahmas with normal necks, feathered feet, and pea combs.

Hopefully there will not be any mixups this time!
If there were I'd be quiet about it (here and there). I tend to throw up my hands in disgust and impatience pretty early in matters. I'm still impressed of their response at all. She had last asked me for yet more photos but of the chickens individually. I was kinda done at that point. Then when I opened email yesterday I was floored with gratitude.

Back
Top Bottom