i started at farm sanctuary.

schnipke

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
nw ohio
Right after high school, I left Ohio to intern at Farm Sanctuary in Watkins Glen, NY. There I fell in love with the farm and all of the animals, the people, it was the most ideal place I could have put myself. I cared for sick and old chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, and a piglet! in the Quarantine or Hospital. It was heart wrenching and foul work most of the time, but I wouldn't ever take it back.

Now back in Ohio, I adopted a RI Red last summer. Her name is Henrie, and she's a hen. She lives in the house in a modified bird cage but has outdoor time every day, but only on rare occasions in the winter.

This spring- just yesterday, actually- our family adopted two pullets, red and white, two chipmunk-esque Bantam chicks, and two rock cross chicks. We're going to take on the task of preparing a coop for our flock of now seven chickens, and hope the introduction goes smoothly when it is time to do so.

I felt it's about time to join a community to learn more than I need to ever know, read and share stories, and just have a good time bonding with birds of a feather. I'm excited to make friends with most of you.

-Jessica

WelcometoBYC.gif
. Love what your doing!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :)
I so look forward to learning.
I'm happy to be directed to the Ohio forum! Thank you, 4-H Chicken Mom :)

Back
Top Bottom