I Sure hope I'm wrong

jharvey1309

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
So I bought 8 Three week old chicks some time ago and have raised them to 18 weeks old. I now believe that I've been raising 8 roosters :-( I was also told that they were barred rocks but now as the start to feather out more and more they are geting orange speckling within there feathers so they are not pure barred rocks either. that being said I think they look quite lovley and we plan on keeping one rooster and sending the rest of them to the freezer as 24 weeks. We were hoping for a few hens in the bunch but I don't see any as they all look like they have saddle feathers. Could you kind folks take a look and give your opinion? Two birds have slightly smaller waddles and short tail feathers but the rest have huge tail feathers with beautiful emerald feathering in the tail.

Thanks for looking

058.jpg

057.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

053.jpg

059.jpg

I see hens and roos. I'm not an expert on purebreds, but I do see orange in your chickens, and my Barred Rocks have no orange. Maybe someone else on here can tell if your chickens are purebred or not. Hoped I helped somewhat.

I do not know for sure, but the one in the 5th picture does certainly look like a rooster. Some of the others look like hens and some others are a toss up. I guess that since you waited this long you may as well wait until they crow or lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom