I Sure hope I'm wrong

Fred's Hens :

Black Sex Link males indeed. Either the seller was ignorant or deceptive. Either way, caveat emptor.

thumbsup.gif

I am going with deceitful. Just wanted to pawn off his roos to an unknowing victim. LOL. BUT hey, you are going to have some nice Sunday dinners in a few more weeks.... I don't think they're all roos though, but majority are. I think number 4 could be girl. But thats the only one I am iffy on.

Fred's Hens :

Black Sex Link males indeed. Either the seller was ignorant or deceptive. Either way, caveat emptor.

Yeah some woman sold me a black sex link rooster at a trade swap, she was really nice too. I am guessing my seller was ignorant.​

I think you guys are right about the decietful seller. I don't know a roo from a hen when they are just chicks. I'm brand new to the game. He clearly told me they were barred rocks when I bought them and at the time they were just black and white but as they got older they started getting orange feathers. I asked him if he could tell if they were boys or girls and he told me that it looked like 2 boys and 6 girls. I was excited to have a mix like that but turns out he was wrong or lying. Either way I'll try again in the spring but this time i'll order from my local co-op.

I already have them booked in to get processed on the 8th of December and at that point they will be 23 weeks old. Do you think they will be too tough to eat at that point?

For the person who asked if they were crowing yet yes there are a few crowing and I did not bother to take pictures of them and I've banded there leg to identify them so I know for sure which are roosters.

Thanks again folks,

Jonathan

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Quote:
Doesn't anyone see the saddle and hackle feathers? Definite roosters!
idunno.gif

All roosters...some look more roostery than others but those are a bunch of boys there.

Looks like you got had.​

Last edited:
Another agreement on the sex-link roosters. Check out the meat bird thread, there are a lot of topics on cooking/eating a roo of this type.

Quote:
Doesn't anyone see the saddle and hackle feathers? Definite roosters!
idunno.gif

Yes, I do.

Deb

So now I know I am a bad guesser!! I had sexed females sent and have never got a male yet. So What do I know about it.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom