I swear I'm not an idiot, but is this a chicken??

Smashlee83

Songster
Apr 9, 2021
Houston
So my husband just sent me this terrible quality picture and asked if he should load them in the car and bring them home to live with us. They are wondering around an apartment complex in a bad neighborhood. He knows my answer is always YES. Yes please bring it home and we will figure it out later. But now I'm questioning my sanity on if this is even a chicken...

Attachments

• Chick.jpg
    Chick.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 30
If he is able to catch it, QUARANTINE IT and worm it, ect. ect.
I wouldn't even do this. I brought home chicks once, quarantined them for 8 weeks. A week after introducing them to my flock my entire flock ws infected with MG. The chicks never did and still have never shown symptoms. They were from infected parents so were born as carriers.

I wouldn't even do this. I brought home chicks once, quarantined them for 8 weeks. A week after introducing them to my flock my entire flock ws infected with MG. The chicks never did and still have never shown symptoms. They were from infected parents so were born as carriers.
I agree...living out there so long...some diseases dont show symptoms unless in stress. I personally wouldnt risk it.

I agree...living out there so long...some diseases dont show symptoms unless in stress. I personally wouldnt risk it.
I have never had problems taking friends chickens, of course. (I 've never just found one in the 'wild' though and taken it) but my friends took some chickens from their freinds, the chickens had some kind of disease, and all their combs shrunk, the chickens were vomiting, they had snot coming out of there nose, and died within 2 or 3 weeks of them getting them... Maybe one week, I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom