I swore I wasn't going to watch...

melodie_a

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Sanford, NC
I started the weekend saying I was not going to watch any of the 9/11 shows on tv. I wanted to avoid that emotion today and what did I do? I did good all day and just now sat and watched the kids of 9/11 interview with Diane Sawyer and sat here and bawled my eyes out.
hit.gif
*sigh* I will never get to sleep tonight with the faces of all those kids holding pictures of the dads that never got to meet them in my mind.
hit.gif

Quote:
There is no way I could have handled that. I am still a wreck after one 15 minute interview. It really just gets to me.... such a sad, sad day.

Well, the film wasn't really about as much sadness as others, actually. It still struck some tears thinking of it, but the film was more about the sketchiness of the event. I guess you could say it was a "conspiracy theory" film, but personally I think there is WAAY too much evidence to call it that. Oh, and if it helps, it focused more on the Pentagon than the Two Towers.
smile.png

Not that it was better, no.
sad.png

I've been kind of disturbed with all the footage that has been on the TV today of the towers falling. It was so terrifying to watch ten years ago. I certainly do not want to watch that carnage over and over again. I would much rather remember those who died without having to watch the tragic event on TV. (And that's exactly what I did)

Yes, it was disturbing then and it's disturbing now. But we SHOULD be disturbed. I don't like seeing war stuff either, but we all need to know about that part of histories.
The fact is that there have always been evil people out there in the world who have their own perverted reasons for attacking innocents. We civilized folk tend to forget that.

Back
Top Bottom