I think... I am making headway!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rebbetzin, May 22, 2008.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    This morning, as my husband and I were discussing the hummingbird and when the eggs might hatch... I said "This is probably as close as I will ever get to having chickens!"

He said... "And who would watch these chickens if we ever went away for vacation?"

I told him my neighbor Pam said she would be happy to come feed them for me...

A tiny step closer....[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Baby steps.....[​IMG] Keep trying, they are a joy to have.

3. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Oh yes, chickens are so much fun to have! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. And 3 or 4 is a great number to start with. [​IMG]

4. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Keep working on him. I have fully indoctrinated my husband. Last week I was trying to decide if I should buy a few more and he said, "You can't get too many chickens!".

5. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Cool! Maybe you can entice one to "follow you home" sometime soon. Or better yet, five or six.

6. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    You know what turned my family around? Not knowing what to expect, we watched a video about factory farms. I never knew what these animals went through to be on my dinner table. Especially the chickens. Anyway, I vowed to never eat any meat I didn't rear myself. That goes for milk, eggs, and anything else that came out of a factory farm. Pretty much, I eat nothing packaged. So, the easiest way to start my new life was to go and buy me some fine hens. Now, I must get more. I love them so much. Talk about entertainment. It's funny because one of my dear friends became so jealous and got herself 5 hens to start. Now if I can just figure out how to raise my own milk.

7. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    Keep working on him. My husband is very supportive. I still work and he doesn't so he does most of the acutal work involved. He made me a ginormous pen last weekend. He also encouraged me to add to the 6 I had so I ordered 9 more. Just be positive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by