I think I created a "Sex Link" EE!

Quote:
Your welcome.
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Awesome! So when they silver and brown EEs get bigger, could I breed them together and produe sex links?

No It only works with the first cross, you have to have a pure gold gene roo and a silver gene hen ( either can be any breed as long as they meet those criteria) and that will make pullets that are pure gold gened and roos that are split for both silver and gold genes.

Read the sticky called Sexlink Information on the top of the Breeds genetics page and go the the sticky called Notable References and Breed Discussions and find the Sexlink thread and in post #2 I have a simpler explaination on making Sexlinks.​

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Humm, so what could I use? Maybe a Golden EE roo, and a Silver Game hen?

Yep, it you want more like the ones you hatched then you could go with that paring again, or you could branch out into using other breeds.​

Silver gene: would you be able to use a gold roo with a black hen with no gold undertones? We have a blue egg layer with no gold tones at all. She has white( silver) undertones in her black. Woudl this indicate a silver gene? Also, is this in any way connected to the blue egg gene?

they'reHISchickens :

Silver gene: would you be able to use a gold roo with a black hen with no gold undertones? We have a blue egg layer with no gold tones at all. She has white( silver) undertones in her black. Woudl this indicate a silver gene? Also, is this in any way connected to the blue egg gene?

Do you have pics ? Sometimes Black birds can have a light white mottled effect in the underparts, but if she has silver leakage anywhere then she should work becuase hens cant be split, they are either pure gold or pure silver. But with them being black, I dont know if you would really get visible sexlinks at day old, the chicks would probably be black until the leakage starts coming in. Like with Marans, you can cross a BCM roo with Birchin hens and get technical sexlinks, but since the chicks of both colors are mostly black in their young plumage, and the really coppering comes in later so it will be more likly that they can be comb sexed befor they can accurately be color sexed.​

Back
Top Bottom