I think I have a dwarf chick!!

I honestly do not know what breed it is. I know it’s a bantam due to the leg feathers but I have no idea who his mom is. My hen stole all of her eggs from the other hens

So, if the little guy is a bantam, and the others are more standard size, and he's eating and drinking and active, you may just have a bantam mixed in with standards. That's fine, up to about four months old, when they probably should be separated to avoid injuries. I have bantam Nankins who raise standard black Crevecoeurs with their own babies. I am attaching pictures at the start and at about two months, I think. You can see the differences, but they were still getting along well, at this point.

Nankin parents with Nankins, CCs IMG_20170520_164217820.jpg

Nankin parents, babiesgrowingIMG_20170630_190715306.jpg

What’s confusing me is that his two sisters are also bantams. They are all bantams :(
So, if the little guy is a bantam, and the others are more standard size, and he's eating and drinking and active, you may just have a bantam mixed in with standards. That's fine, up to about four months old, when they probably should be separated to avoid injuries. I have bantam Nankins who raise standard black Crevecoeurs with their own babies. I am attaching pictures at the start and at about two months, I think. You can see the differences, but they were still getting along well, at this point.

View attachment 1773643

View attachment 1773644

Your chick looks like a bantam! He should be just fine, the chicken breed only gets to be 1-2 lbs at full size. As long as he is eating and drinking he should be fine. I have 4 bantams myself and a standard.
All of my chickens are bantams except for two. The babies are all bantams also so I’m extremely confused as to why he isn’t growing like his sisters

Thanks everyone for the advice but my little dwarf, Tuscan, went to be with his other hatchlings today:( I am heartbroken. He was my little snuggle bug:(
2BB6C306-F315-4F4B-B9F0-47994638604D.jpeg
3206BA1D-F155-4D13-8FAA-B4D499CFF4B0.jpeg
AE1CDFE7-C631-4E30-9EED-671DEAA61027.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom