I think I have a Langshan?

imfowl

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Louisiana
I recently acquired a roo that I think is a langshan. Could someone post some pics of some so that I can identify mine. I dont have any pics of mine. thanks ahead..

I traded my langshan rooster to a friend for her cuckoo marans rooster. He is huge...she named him Andre (for Andre the giant
wink.png
)

ChampCroadLangM.JPEG

And here is the site I got the pic from. I love this site! http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGK/Langshan/BRKLangshan.html

Mine is huge too. His hackles have a red tinge to them. Is that normal? By the way, Rodriguiez, your roo is beautiful. More pics, please, if anyone has some. thanks again.

It happens sometimes, usually it's a sign of a mixed breeding, but it could just be that red-base shows up more in that line of birds.

Do you have any photos of him???

Oh...and thank you!
big_smile.png

:/No, no pics yet. I will try to get some tomorrow (if I can fit him in the viewfinder) He was gong to be part of my freeranging flock at the deer camp, but I kinda done got partial to him. His crow is luoder than the bantam roo I had, but lower pitched. Shouldnt get any complaints from the neighbors...Hopefully.
roll.png

Last edited:
Nope...not a Langshan...but you "could" get a good start on a new Partridge Langshan there! lol!

I agree with Partridge Cochin, he won't have the "fluff" that a well-bred one will have, but he is typical of a hatchery type partridge Cochin.

Back
Top Bottom