I think I have a lavender ameraucana!!!!

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I got eggs from Harry(Shaffer), of which 4 araucana, 5 lav/lav split ee, and 1 lav ameraucana? (marked as such). It was the first to hatch and it is beautiful! It looks like a light blue but has a silvery look to it. I will post pics when it dries
big_smile.png
. Now I gotta wait on the rest.......... lets
fl.gif
for a rumpless tufted araucana
Krista

If it is lavender it will be all light blue with no white/creamy spots and will be a beautiful chick!

Those lav split eggs could produce a lavender also. Do you know if they were real ameraucanas and he labeled them ee's because of the color thing?

wee.gif

jumpy.gif

pop.gif

ya.gif

I'm pretty sure Harry only has black and lavender, so if you got a silvery one it is definitely lavender.
woot.gif
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics.

Jody

pictures please please please please please please please please!!!!!!!! I'm going to keep posting every second if you don't post them now!!!

Last edited:
Krista,
Yes that color you described is definately a Lavender, as far as what traits it has you will have to wait till it grows some. You have a project bird and what you said as far as the egg is marked it was probably from the young rooster which I posted a picture of my Lavender Ameraucana rooster. You now have the Lavender gene in a large fowl bird which is difficult to obtain. Good luck, Harry.

Krista,
Won't have any more eggs till early spring due to my hens going on strike right now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom