I think I have a problem

Quote:
I don't think Carla know you very well, Yappy
wink.png

I have a similar problem, but I'm letting them work their way into the flock. It will help that they can go and free range for quite a few days now- weather is cooperating. I think space makes it easier for them?
Hugs and good luck.. GREEN eggs YAY!!!

throw em out, close the pop door,, leave em out there for 15 minutes,, do it again tonight, make em stay out longer,,, same thing tomorrow,, bet day 3 they go out,, and feed them while their out there,,, just bare minimum inside.

I took in two grown EE's this past fall. At the time I had three 18 month olds and 15 four month olds. We tried them with the 18 month olds and it was a disaster. So after a week or more, we switched and put them in with the youngsters. We free range, so each day all the chickens are allowed out to intermingle. For quite some time, they wouldn't leave the stall where they roost at night. Little by little I lured them out, but any little disturbance and back to the nest boxes they would run. The EE's still won't go far from the barn. I don't know if they were raised only in a coop or what. But they are really cautious. All the rest of the chickens are ranging far and wide, but the EE's are always in or very near the barn doors.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom