I think i have a problem...

Why are they arriving so late in the year??? Don't you want to start in spring or summer?? I know you live in warmer area but Sept is getting cold, I live in Wpg so not as cold but don't you want to be outside with them in the summer and they need to get outside when its warm. plus My coop is a 1977 15ft trailer. You can use anything
Lots of us southerners order in the fall. Itā€™s our weather is chaotic in the spring and last year I was brooding chicks without heat in early May and I still lost one to heatstroke. Itā€™s still in the 80s here in September and the weather is much calmer.

Lots of us southerners order in the fall. Itā€™s our weather is chaotic in the spring and last year I was brooding chicks without heat in early May and I still lost one to heatstroke. Itā€™s still in the 80s here in September and the weather is much calmer.
We have long springs here too and it can be warm in oct..next year I am incubating later..

Oh I agree, I'm not *actually* planning to go outside the laws too much just thinking about it. Cuz chicks are freaking adorable
I have a healthy respect for other people who've built their own coop and run after doing it myself. It costs a lot of money unless you have the time, tools, scrap lumber and know how to do it all yourself. It took 5 months for me to build one myself. This much I've learned, don't count your chickens until they hatch! Good luck!

I have a healthy respect for other people who've built their own coop and run after doing it myself. It costs a lot of money unless you have the time, tools, scrap lumber and know how to do it all yourself. It took 5 months for me to build one myself. This much I've learned, don't count your chickens until they hatch! Good luck!
So far I have the time, the tools, and a lot of free materials. I've learned a lot from perusing the coop builds here at BYC. And if there's anything I absolutely can't figure out, my dad is an exceptionally handyman.

No, it's was a brand new thread I had started in the coop design and maintenence page
Unfortunately I don't believe you can start a draft thread like you can an article.

Once you have already started a thread you can create a draft post in it... Just by typing a message and clicking the save draft button here:
Screenshot_20220429-224151.png

As long as you click the save draft here while you're composing a post in an already started thread you should be able to leave the page and come back to it and it will still have your drafted message ready to be posted.

Back
Top Bottom