I think I have been ruined

not sure where in North Alabama you are but if your any where near cullman try Brickyard Meat. They kill locally grown pork and even sell it at a discount if you buy the entire pig. They even do beef. I am in Athens and go there to get all our meat. The apple wood smoked bacon is
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

Quote:
You totally stole my thunder!!! LOL.. I just about to tell her to fry up her pancakes in it... REAL buttermilk pancakes... I have great recipe if you need one
smile.png
DANG.. I was just dianosed diabetic and this is BY FAR the thing I miss most
sad.png

We have raised many batches of pigs and will do it again. We have always just penned them in regular 4ft garden fencing using the green metal T-post. Never had any escape. I was once told "a happy hog will not escape." Found pigs to be alot of fun, they run to the fence line to greet you. Odor was never a problem, they find an area in the pen to use as a bathroom and return to that area every time. We just stayed away from the part of the pen. You can't beat the taste of home grown pork!

Quote:
since I have a lot of huge old tees that have fallen in our woods someone suggests I line the field fencing with it on the bottom and it will discourage the pigs form pushing under the fence. do you think that will work?

I was thinking several pens that I can rotate the pigs in so they can have plenty of pasture to till up, and forage in, like how I rotate my other animals.

They don't have a website but their phone number is 256)739-6615. They are family owned and operated, some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Back
Top Bottom