I think I have spoiled my flock.

I have been trying to stay away from treats because it seems like when I attempt to feed them treats they don't eat as much feed and just want more treats! Such spoiled baby's.. Lol! But I feed them watermelon with morning only a tiny piece maybe half of my hand but once one found it they all love it! But know I have a problem with sticky chickens!
1f602.png

Mine love watermelon too. I have been giving them veggies and treats after they have their breakfast. This gives them time to eat the feed and fill their crops before I give them the 'good stuff'.

I know mine are spoiled rotten....they get homemade yougert with fresh fruit every day now....during cooler weather they also get parfetts...layered yougert ,oats, fruit...6 layers total...and scratch, and kitchen waste..and ...Fermented feed and the list goes on and on

I haven't even looked what fermented feed is. But I do keep seeing it around the posts. I just haven't looked it up yet.

I do not have a problem with them not eating their feed. I do try to wait until the actually have tumped over before I feed them again. Otherwise I have a lot of waste in the bottom. That might not be the right way to do it. (I just started do this a couple of days ago.)

Last edited:
I know mine are spoiled rotten....they get homemade yougert with fresh fruit every day now....during cooler weather they also get parfetts...layered yougert ,oats, fruit...6 layers total...and scratch, and kitchen waste..and ...Fermented feed and the list goes on and on
Those are some lucky birds! I'm pretty sure they get fed better than I do.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom