I think I know the answer but please help me be sure of the sex of my three. Age is about 8-10 weeks

That barred rock looks like a little too to me!

I was thinking the same... I think the brown one is probably a hen, though its hard to tell from the photos. Not sure on the other one. I want to say hen, but not sure of the breed so can't be certain. Not an expert, just my opinion. :)

I think the Barred Rock and the Easter Egger are both possibly Roos, but Im pretty sure the RR is a hen. I need to find out as soon as I can because I cant have Roos and I want three hens. So Ill have to find homes and get new girls in place sooner than later

I'm totally guessing on the easter-egger but based on the lack of feathers at that age I would guess roo on that one also. I have raised barred rocks from day old and have never seen a pullet with a comb like that at 8-10 weeks old. Sorry :(

If the one with the multi-colored feathers is an Easter Egger it is possibly a roo too. Most of our hens that were EE got tail feathers in before the boys, who looked rumpless for several weeks after the girls had their feathers. Their feathers came in curved when they finally started coming in. But it seems so hard to tell with those guys.

Back
Top Bottom