Not sure the breed or sex of this gorgeous chicken. Please help.

RoseBud743

In the Brooder
Jun 22, 2023
This 15 week old was a "bonus" from the farm we bought day old chicks from. The farm owner tossed in an extra chick the day we picked up our order. It started off super cute with brown fuzz all over with patches of yellow fuzz on both sides of its head. As it aged, the yellow fuzz on the head went away, and gray started showing up all over. It went through a decidedly awkward phase along the way, but has now turned into a beautiful bird. Anyone know what breed this is and the sex.
Thank you. I'm new here and new to raising chickens, and stay pretty desperate searching for answers. Soooo many questions.

thx

rosie

. (full view of body at 15 weeks)

(close up of neck at 15 weeks)

I agree a Easter egger cockerel.
Thank you. Google Lens suggested the same. Although it did also say Blue Ameraucana. This bird has always been a bit more forward and adventurous than its flock mates, so I was kinda thinking cockerel, but we have a lot of our precious chicks turning out to be boys and now trying to figure out what to do with them. We want eggs so it's frustrating to have a bunch of boys. Oh well, I guess it's life. Especially buying straight run.

Thank you. Google Lens suggested the same. Although it did also say Blue Ameraucana. This bird has always been a bit more forward and adventurous than its flock mates, so I was kinda thinking cockerel, but we have a lot of our precious chicks turning out to be boys and now trying to figure out what to do with them. We want eggs so it's frustrating to have a bunch of boys. Oh well, I guess it's life. Especially buying straight run.
Buying straight run is always a toss up. Even buying sexed chicks you can get a boy. I ended up 4cockerel 2pullets on my first go around 😬.

Back
Top Bottom