I think I lost my first chicken :(

fl.gif

Also flowerpots, buckets turned on their sides, they LOVE my compost bins when I forget to put the top back on...piles of brush (I'm SURE after Irene there's something nearby!) Even check under the car...

I have had a hen disappear for a full month, and then sneak back proudly with her chicks in tow. You just have to kind of keep hope alive without being too optimistic, I've had plenty just up and disappear as well.

Did a search and found NOTHING. No feathers or signs of a struggle...*sigh* Poor little thing...anyway, I DID find where my RSL was hiding a weeks worth of eggs....

Quote:
Yes, and if she was in their yard to their knowledge, they will tell me . It is a good sign....but I don't want to hold my breath! I am the only one on my road with poultry so everyone knows who has the chickens
smile.png

ETA It's just such a bummer...as she was my fave of the two I had. And NOT knowing drives me nuts!!! I'll be subconsciously checking for her for a while I am sure...

Last edited:
Chances are if she went broody you probably won't find her. If it turns out to be the other extreme, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose your first one.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she is just gone broody. I also had a bantam that disappeared for a month - she was a nasty little thing and I was relieved she was gone... until she reappeared suddenly - with 13 new chicks! I hope your outcome ends with fuzzy little balls of peeping and a proud mama. My fingers are crossed.

Back
Top Bottom