I think I lost my first chicken :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NYRIR, Aug 30, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Crowing

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Thank you so much everyone! Yes, there was a lot of brush around even before the storm. My property is lined on all sides with woods. Very rocky mountain terrain so lots of places to hide. What are the possibilities that she went broody before I ever saw an egg? Do you think she would have not ever laid in the nest boxes? I Hope so much she does return [​IMG]
    How to NOT drive yourself crazy about it?? [​IMG]

Oh and ETA: she is awfully small and some areas I cannot really get to to check as thoroughly as I would like. I will count her as a goner until i see otherwise. [​IMG]
    The saddest part is....my DH had to ask..."Which one?" Not that he doesn't feel bad but I am really the one who gets so attached to them all.One of my sons said..."What color was she?"....Normal questions but I go overboard and know each one from the other [​IMG] so it makes her absence more prominent to me [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. LilyD

LilyD Crowing

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    My Coop
    Quote:So sorry about your baby. I know what you mean about knowing each one at a glance. I have 37 and can tell them all at a look. I hope she comes back with some presents for you. I will keep my fingers crossed.

3. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    I really hope she's just gone broody and will return with some fuzzies.
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! [​IMG]

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Crowing

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Thanks guys...I hope she does too! I will update the thread if she does come back...

5. Dudu

Dudu Songster

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Fingers crossed for your baby to be found soon!

On a brighter note... Greetings from another Weim lover... [​IMG]

6. NYRIR

NYRIR Crowing

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Howdy! Yes I love my weim [​IMG] She's 6 and still acts like a puppy energy wise! Would love to see a pic of yours [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    OK, we waited long enough...any sign of her?

8. chickens are great 12

chickens are great 12 Chirping

Aug 5, 2011
    any sign of her?? I hope so [​IMG]

9. Tripp16

Tripp16 Songster

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ahh Im sorry. I had my first loss last weekend but instead of one it was 2!!! Out of three. poor little hen is missing them. I lost a rooster and a hen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: