I think I lost my first chicken :(

Thank you so much everyone! Yes, there was a lot of brush around even before the storm. My property is lined on all sides with woods. Very rocky mountain terrain so lots of places to hide. What are the possibilities that she went broody before I ever saw an egg? Do you think she would have not ever laid in the nest boxes? I Hope so much she does return
fl.gif

How to NOT drive yourself crazy about it??
barnie.gif

Oh and ETA: she is awfully small and some areas I cannot really get to to check as thoroughly as I would like. I will count her as a goner until i see otherwise.
hit.gif

The saddest part is....my DH had to ask..."Which one?" Not that he doesn't feel bad but I am really the one who gets so attached to them all.One of my sons said..."What color was she?"....Normal questions but I go overboard and know each one from the other
sad.png
so it makes her absence more prominent to me
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
So sorry about your baby. I know what you mean about knowing each one at a glance. I have 37 and can tell them all at a look. I hope she comes back with some presents for you. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I really hope she's just gone broody and will return with some fuzzies.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
fl.gif

Quote:
Howdy! Yes I love my weim
smile.png
She's 6 and still acts like a puppy energy wise! Would love to see a pic of yours
smile.png

57454_s2010165.jpg

Ahh Im sorry. I had my first loss last weekend but instead of one it was 2!!! Out of three. poor little hen is missing them. I lost a rooster and a hen.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom