I think I'm gonna do it!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rmh0508, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    I got the itch! I just started the bator and will be setting some eggs tomorrow. Nothing special just whatever my girls give me today and tomorrow. POlish, Cochin Bantam, and mutts [​IMG]. Gotta doe something to beat the winter blues

2. LaurenV

LaurenV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2012
    Idaho
    I'm doing the same thing!!! Tomorrow, I'm going to set about 10 eggs or more!! My incubator holds about 48 eggs so I still have a ways to go! I hope all goes well for you! [​IMG]

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I have got the itch too. I am in the process of making a homemade incubator out of an old fish tank. If all goes well my bator should be finished tomorrow and I will let it run as a test to see how well it holds the temp and humidity. Since I have 6 hens right now and I shouldn't really hatch anymore for myself, I think I am going to advertise my hatching services. I am definitaly not doing this for profit. I am only doing it to get rid of the itch. [​IMG]

4. LaurenV

Jan 2, 2012
    Idaho
    I have 9 hens... I'm going to sell them because my dad wants to not me... [​IMG]

5. rmh0508

rmh0508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Engadine, MI
    I collected 11 eggs today so hopefully that many or more tomorrow. Sorry you have to get rid of your birds Lauren [​IMG]

6. LaurenV

Jan 2, 2012
    Idaho
    Well, I meant that when and if those chicks hatch in my incubator... I have to sell them... not my laying hens... [​IMG]

7. LaurenV

Jan 2, 2012
    Idaho
    Thank you though [​IMG]

8. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I wish I could hatch [​IMG] I would get killed though or at least seriously maimed if I tried brooding chicks in the house this year and its far too cold out this year to do it outside...a whopping 6 degrees today...

9. LaurenV

Jan 2, 2012
    Idaho
    Thats COLD!!

10. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Whoo hoo on hatching..... Do it!!!!! and hey I got eggs anytime you need them............Somebody's hatching.....Yahoo!!! Oh btw, they call me the egg pusher!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by