I think it is a Vitamin Deficiency instead of Marek.

Is she laying eggs?
If not, then I'd feed her an all flock feed or chick starter until she comes into lay.
I know she's 17+/- weeks, but it usually best to keep pullets on starter or all flock until they start laying eggs. Getting too much calcium at a young age can cause some issues as well.

You can feed all your birds starter or an all flock year round if you wish, just provide oyster shell free choice.
She is not laying yet. I just started them on layer feed this past week. I was told from the lady at the feed store to start them on around 16 weeks. Before that they were on organic starter feed. Since I separated her I have been feeding her the starter. I have some here for my 2 week old chicks. I figured it would have more vitamins in it. Not sure if that is true.

So I will switch them all back on starter until they are laying.

Do you think she is okay to be closer to the rest of the flock or should I keep her isolated a little bit longer? I feel bad she is by herself. Although she is getting a lot of one on one attention💚

Thank you so much.

My apologies!

I'm glad she is improving with the vitamins and hope she makes a complete recovery. For symptoms like that, vitamin therapy can be tried for at least a short period of time unless you are certain the bird is suffering and needs to be put down.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes not, but worth a shot to give them a little time.

She wants out of that tote LOL I'd start some monitored visits with her flock if you can swing it. See how
My apologies!

I'm glad she is improving with the vitamins and hope she makes a complete recovery. For symptoms like that, vitamin therapy can be tried for at least a short period of time unless you are certain the bird is suffering and needs to be put down.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes not, but worth a shot to give them a little time.

She wants out of that tote LOL I'd start some monitored visits with her flock if you can swing it. See how she does.
No problem. I can see how you would of gotten that from my original post. I should of clarified better.

I feel so bad for her. Our chickens free range and love for us to hold them. I think monitored visits would be a great idea!! I know she misses her people. 😀

I prefer that the chickens remain part of the flock, but they should be protected from getting picked on or bullied. If she is still having problems walking, let her have supervised visits. A wire dog crate with food and water nearby, can be good to use inside the coop or run to keep her separated. That way she can see the others and they her, but not get picked on.

Back
Top Bottom