I think it is a Vitamin Deficiency instead of Marek.

Also, what are you feeding, and what are the mill dates on the feed bags? Some vitamins will be decreased over time, which can be part of the problem.
Mary
Nature’s Best organic egg layer crumbles

I don’t see a mill date but the big white tag on it is ripped in half so it might of been on there. I keep the feed in my walk in pantry inside my house. I buy one bag at a time also. So I don’t do bulk feed.

Do always check the mill date on each bag, it should be fed within about two months of milling if at all possible. That's not what the feed store folks are likely to say, and I've seen feed six to twelve months old sometimes.
Are these birds laying eggs now? If not, they shouldn't be eating a layer feed.
Mary

My apologies!

I'm glad she is improving with the vitamins and hope she makes a complete recovery. For symptoms like that, vitamin therapy can be tried for at least a short period of time unless you are certain the bird is suffering and needs to be put down.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes not, but worth a shot to give them a little time.

She wants out of that tote LOL I'd start some monitored visits with her flock if you can swing it. See how
My apologies!

I'm glad she is improving with the vitamins and hope she makes a complete recovery. For symptoms like that, vitamin therapy can be tried for at least a short period of time unless you are certain the bird is suffering and needs to be put down.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes not, but worth a shot to give them a little time.

She wants out of that tote LOL I'd start some monitored visits with her flock if you can swing it. See how she does.
No problem. I can see how you would of gotten that from my original post. I should of clarified better.

I feel so bad for her. Our chickens free range and love for us to hold them. I think monitored visits would be a great idea!! I know she misses her people. 😀

Back
Top Bottom