I think I've made a mistake tonite!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrkep, Jul 15, 2010.

1. mrkep

mrkep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Richwood , Ohio
    I , and dw, are first time chicken owners with 24 6 week old chooks. We did a lot of research here before we leaped in and now we are enjoying the antics of the chooks. BUT..... tonite I looked at some of the posts about ducks. I have always liked ducks and wished we had a pond to attract wild ducks. But pet ducks, that's a new thought. Now I will probably spend this winter researching the duck world. An old retired guy never has enough crazy hobbies.

2. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    LOL. Well, trust me, if you wander to the other animal forums you'll end up wanting peafowl, goats, horses, cows, snakes and a million other things. [​IMG]

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Welcome to my world. I want more.... more.... more.... [​IMG]

4. Hi Bill! You and the Mrs. need some ducks! I've got Pekins and Swedish and just added 11 Muscovy 'lings. They add a different dimension to the 'Flock of Fowl'.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Have you checked out BYC's sister site, Backyardherds.com? You can read all about cows, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits, llamas, alpacas, horses and donkeys! You know... just to read about them!!! [​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I tried the duck thing- they were great but I had all boys [​IMG] I love love love my geese. They free range, don't fly, and come in every night just like the chickens. I could never get the ducks to do that. (we're pond-less as well)

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hi there!! Ideal Poultry is having a super special on their ducklings [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by