I think my chicken is depressed.

siamos

In the Brooder
May 12, 2021
I have a 10 month old cinnammon queen bantam mix, who I think is depressed. After I got home today, I found her in a coop, with another chick that had hatched with her, dead. I picked up the dead chicken, and found her following me, and she never does. I decided to see if she wanted to stay near her friend, so I put the body back in the coop, and a few seconds later, she hopped in and sat right next to the body. I knew I couldn't leave the body in, so I took the body and buried it. When I came back, I fed the flock, but the cinnamon queen stayed in the coop right by where her friend had passed away. I had to physically take her out so she would eat, but after eating for 2 minutes, she went straight back into the coop. I keep taking her out, but she keeps going back to the same spot. I feel very sorry for her, but I don't know what to do.

Is she the same age as the rest of the flock?
Any change in flock population can cause some stress for a day or three.
Chickens don't like change, just gave her time.
She is not the same age as the rest. The only one who is the same age is another chicken that hatched with her.

HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENING. She drank a lot of water and now its starting to come back out. I dont know whats happening

Back
Top Bottom