I think my chicken is dying. what can I do for her?

Pics
Yay! This is great! Maybe try soaking her feed until its a soupy mash, and mix some of the things she does like to eat into it. Then she will at the very least be eating some of her feed when he picks out the yummy stuff. Maybe she'll be more interested in a mash as well?
I don't think surgery is a good idea. With as much as she's been through, and the fact that she's just recovering, surgery could push her over the edge. Sedation alone is very dangerous for chickens. She also seems to be improving rather then declining without surgery, so as long as she continues I don't think its necessary.
You said its inflammation correct? She may benefit from some antiinflamtory foods, Dogs Naturally has some good articles, you can probably just type it into the search bar on they website, and I bet you'll get some material to read.
Great job, this is an awesome report! So glad she's starting to do better!
She's continuing to improve and swelling is going down. She's no longer expanded and firm to the touch, but deflated and softer (though still a bit swollen). Also, great news: She's molting! Which buys me time to plan a prevention strategy. I'm giving her a day off before the last of her abx and have noticed she'll eat feed.... but only if I scatter it on the ground. If I dare put it in a container she looks at me like I have ten heads.sigh.

I'm moving to turmeric with black pepper and coconut oil for inflammation, aside had stellar results with it in the past as an alternative to metacam. It's easier on their stomachs too.

I will look into dogs naturally--seems like a valuable resource! Thank you for your continued help and warm encouragement 🙏

She's continuing to improve and swelling is going down. She's no longer expanded and firm to the touch, but deflated and softer (though still a bit swollen). Also, great news: She's molting! Which buys me time to plan a prevention strategy. I'm giving her a day off before the last of her abx and have noticed she'll eat feed.... but only if I scatter it on the ground. If I dare put it in a container she looks at me like I have ten heads.sigh.

I'm moving to turmeric with black pepper and coconut oil for inflammation, aside had stellar results with it in the past as an alternative to metacam. It's easier on their stomachs too.

I will look into dogs naturally--seems like a valuable resource! Thank you for your continued help and warm encouragement 🙏
I'm so glad she's doing better! If it were me, I might hold off on the antibiotics as long as she continues to improve. If she flat lines, or gets worse, start again.
Tumeric and coconut oil are great options! So glad that thats helping bring inflammation down, such great news!
Hahaha! Chickens are to funny, I swear my ducks prefer dirty water over clean stuff hahaha!
I'm glad I can help, and even happier that she's doing better. I love Dogs Naturally, I use it as the main resource for questions about my dogs, I love their take on holistic/homeopathic treatments. :D

Back
Top Bottom