I think my chicks hate me

hu.gif
jumpy.gif
:Treats are the way to go...they will win them over in no time. We hold our chicks for a couple of minutes and they eventually calm down and settle in on our laps. They always initially freak out a bit.

Last edited:
mine were like that for the first week and now they are eating out of my hand. treats help but be careful what you give them when they are young, and not too much of any thing. I won them over with a small amount of pieces of scrambled egg in my hand and they all freaked out over it. now I have them eating their regular food from my hand and they get excited about it even though they have it in their feeder and all over the brooder. they perch on my hand and play king of the mt., it has become a fun way to unwind with the babies.

funny thing I have noticed with all my girls young and old is that once one of them realizes they can eat from my hand and that I'm not their enemy, they all jump on board the friendly chicken train right away! you need one brave soul to take the first step.

mine have eaten out of my hand since day one. They ate out of it, hopped on it, etc. But 11.5 weeks later - still no petting allowed. Definitely grab them. Eating out of your hand is not the same as allowing petting and holding.

Back
Top Bottom