I think my duck is trying to escape prison!

elizabethbinary

Songster
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I have a few little runs for the chickens just in case. Just in case being a duckling injured it's foot and I wanted it to be alone so it could get better.

Except... I'm looking outside right now and the duckling is smack in the centre of the cage talking and talking and talking... and the geese, Elvis and Nancy Sinatra are all surrounding the pen. One of the geese is trying to untie the latch while the other goose is pulling on the hinges and the chicken wire. Elvis is also help pulling on the wire and talking back to the duckling inside the pen. Nancy, a muscovy, is PERCHED on a ledge on top of the cage looking down at the duckling and and at the geese and wagging her tail.

I swear, I swear... it looks JUST like they're staging a breakout!!!

Now ALL of the waterfowl have joined in! They want to break my little duckling out!

This cannot be normal waterfowl behaviour, can it?
tongue.png

Sounds like quite a sight. I used to have a goose that loved to play with a totem tennis ball- they do love to chew on anything- so to hear that yours are trying to untie the latch doesnt sound too odd.

Animal behaviour never ceases to amaze me.... they may infact be trying to stage a break out- but also as a caution- they may recognise a young weaker duckling- and be trying to get at it instead.

Hope duckies foot is better soon and you dont have to feel like a prison warden keeping him locked up on his own.

Back
Top Bottom