I think my ducklings have niacin deficiency…

Pics would def help. You can also try niacinamide drops if it really is a niacin deficiency. And peas are also high in niacin. They'd need grit for peas, too.

Angel wing, from what I've read/heard, is caused by too much protein, which causes rapid feather growth.

But balding? That I know nothing about, unless they are just losing their down before feather growth...
How high does the dosage for niacinamide drops need to be? how many mg or grams should it be and how often do i give it to them?

How high does the dosage for niacinamide drops need to be? how many mg or grams should it be and how often do i give it to them?
I just put a dropperful in their water, I think. It's hard to overdo it, tbh. I don't remember off the top of my brain. I'll Google it and get back to you.

But the info is probably in the link Miss Lydia sent. It's chock full of good info.

They live in a large storage box. Unfortunately, it’s the only thing that’s small enough to fit in the house. My parents wanna put them outside so soon bc they’re growing, but i don’t feel comfortable with that yet bc they don’t have all of their feathers. ☹️
They will get huuuge very fast! And very messy! And very noisy!

I have just 4. They spent 2 weeks in an 8 sq ft container. Then I moved them to a 16 sq ft cage. By the time I moved them outside, it was cramped. Here's an illustration....

Here's when I got my 4:
20210209_074930.jpg

Here they are exactly 4 weeks later:
20210307_135128.jpg

Back
Top Bottom